Monday 11 December 1950
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Kim, directed by Victor Saville, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Across The River And Into The Trees by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1950!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1950 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Christina Onassis: Greek heiress born in the U.S.
- Nino Frassica: Italian actor known for his deadpan humour, who debuted on Italian television in Renzo Arbore's "Quelli della notte" (1985), in which he played a semi-illiterate friar.
- Patrick Braouezec: French politician, a member of the National Assembly of France.
- Leslie Comrie: New Zealand astronomer and academic (d. 1950).
- Hindemiths Concerto for clarinet, premieres
- December 13 ampndash The Maria Hertogh riots occur in Singapore, leaving 18 dead and 173 injured.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 11 December 1950 and get them!