Wednesday 27 December 1950
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Born Yesterday, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Joy Street by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1950!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1950 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Stephen Brown: American noted family, the son of Madeleine Brown and her lover of 21 years, President L.B.
- Hervé Prudon: French writer and screenwriter.
- Jack van: Gelder; Dutch TV host.
- Terry Bozzio: American rock and jazz band drummer whose career highlights included spots with Frank Zappa (1975-1978) and “Missing Persons” (1980-1986).
- Haris Alexiou: Greek singer-songwriter.
- Roberto Bettega: Italian footballer and manager
- Morgan Chu: lawyer and intellectual property expert
- Doug Stone: Canadian voice actor and singer
- Max Beckmann: German-Jewish artist, an expressionist painter who left.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1950 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 27 December 1950 and get them!