Wednesday 27 December 1950
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jack van and Terry Bozzio.
Born Yesterday, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Joy Street by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Red Ryder.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1950!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1950 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Jack van: Gelder; Dutch TV host.
- Terry Bozzio: American rock and jazz band drummer whose career highlights included spots with Frank Zappa (1975-1978) and “Missing Persons” (1980-1986).
- Stephen Brown: American noted family, the son of Madeleine Brown and her lover of 21 years, President L.B.
- Hervé Prudon: French writer and screenwriter.
- Haris Alexiou: Greek singer-songwriter.
- Roberto Bettega: Italian footballer and manager
- Morgan Chu: lawyer and intellectual property expert
- Doug Stone: Canadian voice actor and singer
- Max Beckmann: German-Jewish artist, an expressionist painter who left.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 December 1950
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1950 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?