Wednesday 11 January 1950
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
All the King's Men, directed by Robert Rossen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 1950!
Which were the important events of 11 January 1950 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
- Paul Amar: French journalist and television presenter.
- Karin Michaelis: Writer, dies at 77.
- Huk guerrillas manhandle the town of Hermosa, Bataan in the Philippines.
- The British submarine ''Truculent'' collides with a Swedish oil tanker in the Thames Estuary and sinks 64 die.
- Cold War: U.S. Secretary of State Dean Acheson delivers his 'Perimeter Speech', outlining the boundary of U.S. security guarantees.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1950 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Old Master Painter - Peggy Lee & Mel Torme
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 11 January 1950 and get them!