Thursday 21 December 1950
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lillebj?rn Nilsen and Giordano Guerri.
Born Yesterday, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Son Of A Hundred Kings by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Charlie Wild, Private Detective.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 1950!
Which were the important events of 21 December 1950 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
- Lillebj?rn Nilsen: Norwegian singer-songwriter.
- Giordano Guerri: Italian writer and critic responsible for the selection of certain books.
- Max Maven: American magician and mentalist.
- Lillebjørn Nilsen: Norwegian singer-songwriter and folk musician, considered the leading "voice of Oslo" due to his numerous classic songs about the city.
- Kay Robertson: Reality Star.
- Jeffrey Katzenberg: American screenwriter and producer co-founded DreamWorks Animation
- David Thacker: English director and screenwriter
- Out of This World opens at New Century Theater NYC for 157 performances
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?