Wednesday 11 February 1953
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Don't Let The Stars Get In Your Eyes by Perry Como & The Ramblers was in the top 5 hits.
The Naked Spur, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 February 1953!
Which were the important events of 11 February 1953 ?
- World Day of the Sick.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes.
- National Foundation Day in Japan (See Holidays of Japan.)
- National Youth Day in Cameroon.
- Professor Leets' Day in the United States.
- National Inventors' Day in the United States.
- Philip Anglim in San Francisco: California, USA; actor (Dane - Thorn Birds).
- Stephen D Thorne: Frankfurt-on-Main, Germany -- German FR, Lieutenant Commander USN / Astronaut.
- Philip Anglim: American actor.
- Tom Veryzer: American baseball player (d. 2014).
- Alan Rubin: music figure (Blues Brothers).
- Jeb Bush: American politician, governor of Florida 1999-2007, and noted family, the second son of President George Bush. After graduating from the University of Texas at Austin in 1973, he worked briefly for the Texas Commerce Bank. He then moved to Florida, where he made his first million in land development.
- Hazel Flagg opens at Mark Hellinger Theater NYC for 190 performances
- Russia breaks diplomatic relations with Israel
- US President Dwight Eisenhower refuses clemency appeal for Rosenberg couple.
- The Soviet Union breaks off diplomatic relations with Israel.
- President Dwight Eisenhower refuses a clemency appeal for Ethel and Julius Rosenberg.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1953 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Pretend - Nat King Cole (Nelson Riddle & His Orchestra)
- Anywhere I Wander - Julius LaRosa
- Eddie Fisher - Downhearted
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?