Monday 16 February 1953
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Andre St Lauren and Mike Ford.
In UK Don't Let The Stars Get In Your Eyes by Perry Como & The Ramblers was in the top 5 hits.
The Naked Spur, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Romper Room and Friends.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 February 1953!
Which were the important events of 16 February 1953 ?
- Saint Juliana
- Saint Lucilla
- Remembrance of Lambertus
- Saint Jeremias
- Saints Daniel, Samuel and Elias
- Kyoto Protocol Day (2005)
- Lithuania - Independence Day (1918)
- Andre St Lauren: NHL.
- Mike Ford: NYC, New York -- Canadian Tour golfer (1976 Port Jefferson Open).
- Mike Ford in New York City: New York, USA; Canadian Tour golfer (1976 Port Jefferson Open).
- Christopher Boyce: American spy, the son of a former FBI agent who had an affluent upbringing and an IQ tested at 142.
- Thierry Roussel: French entrepreneur, the heir to a pharmaceutical fortune and manager of a conglomerate of 12 companies in areas as diverse as publishing, home furnishing and advertising.
- John Bradbury: English drummer and songwriter (The Specials) (d. 2015)
- George Martin: American football player
- Lanny McDonald: Canadian ice hockey player and manager
- Roberta Williams: American video game designer co-founded Sierra Entertainment
- The Pakistan Academy of Sciences is established in Pakistan.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 February 1953
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?