Wednesday 18 February 1953
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Don't Let The Stars Get In Your Eyes by Perry Como & The Ramblers was in the top 5 hits.
The Naked Spur, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 February 1953!
Which were the important events of 18 February 1953 ?
- Independence Day in The Gambia (1965)
- Nico Arzbach: Rock guitarist / singer (Stampei, Dike).
- Robbie Bachman: Canadian drummer (Brave Belt and Bachman Turner Overdrive).
- Derek Pellicci: Australian drummer (Little River Band and Mississippi).
- François Dufour: French politician and a member of the 'Europe Écologie–The Greens' party.
- Robbie Bachman Canadian drummer (Bachman: Turner Overdrive).
- Robin Bachman in Winnipeg: Manitoba, Canada; guitarist (Bachman Turner Overdrive - "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet").
- Bwana Devil, the 1st 3-D movie, opened in New York
- Maggie opens at National Theater NYC for 5 performances
- KOLN TV channel 10 in Lincoln, NB (CBS) begins broadcasting
- Premiere of first 3-D feature film - Bwana Devil (New York City, New York).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 18 February 1953 and get them!