Wednesday 11 May 1938
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Adventures of Robin Hood, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 May 1938!
Which were the important events of 11 May 1938 ?
- Saint Francis of Girolamo
- Saint Estella
- Holiday of the City of Miskolc (since 1992).
- Saint Odilo of Cluny
- Saint Majolus of Cluny
- Saint James Walworth
- Blessed John Rochester
- Saint Bertilla
- Saint Gengou Gangulphus
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Mamertus, first of the Ice Saints
- Roman Empire - Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Saint Gauthier of Esterp
- Jeanne Little: Australian television and stage entertainer, perennially outrageous, who epitomizes camp, known for her screeching whiney voice and trademark line, "helloooOOO dahhhlings!!" Little made her television debut on the Mike Walsh Show in September 1974, eight and a half months pregnant in gaudy clothes and with a distinctive off-beat sense of humor.
- Maria Scicolone: Italian noted family, the younger sister of actress Sophia Loren.
- Carla Bley [Carla Borg] in Oakland: California, USA; musician ("Escalator Over the Hill").
- Harvey Sollberger in Cedar Rapids: Iowa, USA; flutist/composer ("2 Oboes Troping").
- Arnold Sauwen: Flemish Poet (Hours of Solitude), dies at 81.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1938 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Girl In The Bonnet Of Blue - Dick Todd
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?