Saturday 28 May 1938
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
You and Me, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 1938!
Which were the important events of 28 May 1938 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- Prince Buster: Jamaican reggae musician / producer (Madness).
- Jerry West in Cabin Creek: West Virginia, USA; NBA superstar (Los Angeles Lakers, Olympics-gold-1960).
- Jacques Bredael: Belgian TV journalist, professor, and producer.
- Roger Brooks: American twin separated from his brother at birth, renamed and raised differently.
- Alvie Self: American singer and guitar player whose contributions to rock and roll are recognized by the Rockabilly Hall of Fame.
- Jerry West: American athlete, one of the greatest basketball players in a career from 1960-74, a great shooter with a mind like a computer. He was drafted in the first round by the Minneapolis Lakers, who transferred to Los Angeles that same year, 1960.
- Maurice Woods: American actor (d. 1983)
- Foundation for Tel Aviv harbor is laid.
- In a conference at the Reichs Chancellery, Hitler declares his decision to destroy Czechoslovakia by military force, and orders the immediate mobilization of 96 Wehrmacht divisions.
Make this date unforgettable
Get back in touch
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?