Tuesday 31 May 1938
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
You and Me, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 May 1938!
Which were the important events of 31 May 1938 ?
- World No Tobacco Day.
- Syaday (Discordianism) (5th day of the season of Confusion, honors Apostle Sri Syadasti).
- Saint Gislemerio
- Saint Mechtilde of Diessen
- Saint Petronella.
- the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- The Godiva procession.
- IT Day.
- Jean-Michel Vaccaro: French musicologist, an expert on the lute and author of the book "La musique de luth en France au XVIe siecle" (1981).
- Ruth Coker: American astrologer and co-author of a pamphlet on Quintiles.
- John Prescott: Welsh sailor and politician Deputy Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.
- Peter Yarrow: American musician, guitarist and vocalist with the noted group "Peter, Paul and Mary" since 1961.
- Johnny PayCheck: American country singer known for being a hard-drinking hell-raiser whose big hit, selling two million copies, was "Take This Job and Shove It," 1977.
- Ron Laird: American track & field champion. Laird is a race walker who represented the United States at four Summer Olympics, starting in 1960.
- Johnny Paycheck: American singer (d. 2003)
- Peter Yarrow in New York City: New York, USA; musician (Peter, Paul and Mary - "Puff the Magic Dragon").
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?