Saturday 21 May 1938
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Groh in Brooklyn and Ross Hagen.
Kidnapped, directed by Alfred L. Werker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 May 1938!
Which were the important events of 21 May 1938 ?
- Saint Constantine the Great
- Saints Constantine and Helena
- Saint Mireille
- Saint Charles-EugFne de Mazenod
- Dia de la Afrocolombianidad marks the abolition of slavery in Colombia.
- Navy Day (Dfa de las Glorias Navales) in Chile.
- Saint Goderik
- David Groh in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actor (Joe - Rhoda, Don - Another Day).
- Ross Hagen: American voice actor, actor, director, screenwriter and producer.
- Urs Widmer: Swiss writer, studied German and French literature and history in Basel, Montpellier and Paris, PhD 1966 in Basel.
- Charles Dizenzo: Hackensack Writer.
- : American singer (d. 2011).
- Bradman scores 143 Aust vs. Surrey, 198 mins, 11 fours
- Matsuo Toi kills 30 people in a village in Okayama, Japan, in the Tsuyama massacre, the world's worst spree killing by an individual until 1982.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 21 May 1938
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?