Thursday 12 May 1938
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Andrei Amalrik and Millie Perkins in Passaic.
The Adventures of Robin Hood, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 May 1938!
Which were the important events of 12 May 1938 ?
- Saint Epiphanius
- Saint Domitilla
- Day of Finnishness in Finland; Commemoration day of J. V. Snellman.
- International Nurses Day
- Saint Modoald
- Buddhism in Sri Lanka, Thailand - Visakha Bucha. (2006) 
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2005: the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Blessed Imelda
- Saint Pancras (died 304), second of the Ice Saints
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Achilleus and Nereus
- Saint Joan of Portugal
- Andrei Amalrik: Russian writer / dissident.
- Millie Perkins in Passaic: New Jersey, USA; actress (Jane - Knots Landing).
- Susan Hampshire: London, England -- Actress (Vanity Fair, Living Free).
- Jim Massey: American artist, an American contemporary who does shining work in steel industrial tubing.
- Marie-Josée Roig: French politician who served as a member of the National Assembly from 2007 to 2012, representing the 1st District of Vaucluse.
- Millie Perkins: American actress
- Sandoz Labs manufactures LSD (lysergic acid diethylamide).
- U.S. Secretary of State Cordell Hull rejects Russia's offer of a joint defence pact to counter rise of Nazi Germany.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1938 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Girl In The Bonnet Of Blue - Dick Todd
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?