Monday 23 May 1938
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John R Miller American politician (Representative-Republican-Washington and Johnny Ball.
Kidnapped, directed by Alfred L. Werker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 May 1938!
Which were the important events of 23 May 1938 ?
- World Turtle Day
- Saint Desiderius
- Saint Guibert of Gemblours
- Saint Montana
- Bah�'f Faith: Declaration of the B�b
- Discordianism: Day of Disunity
- John R Miller American politician (Representative-Republican-Washington: 1985-).
- Johnny Ball: English radio and television host.
- Peter Preston: English journalist and author.
- Philip Kleintjes: Republic leader, dies at 70.
- Temporarily frustrated by the Czechoslovak mobilization and international diplomatic unity in the face of German demands over the Sudetenland, Hitler orders the Foreign Office to assure the Czechoslovaks that he has no demands on their territory. The world at large mistakenly believes the crisis is averted.
- Spanish Civil War: Alicante, Spain is bombed, resulting in 313 deaths.
- The Soviet ambassador to the United States A.A. Troyanovsky declared that Moscow was ready to defend Czechoslovakia. This offer was ignored by Britain and the U.S.A.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 May 1938
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?