Tuesday 17 May 1938
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Don Dolan and Trinus Riemersma.
Alexander's Ragtime Band, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 1938!
Which were the important events of 17 May 1938 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
- Don Dolan: Staten Island, New York -- Actor (Guy Lewis- General Hospital).
- Trinus Riemersma: Dutch-Frisian writer (Conquest of Leeuwarden).
- Don Dolan in Staten Island: New York, USA; actor (Guy Lewis - General Hospital).
- Paolo Bortoluzzi: Italian ballet dancer who made his debut in 1957, and then joined Bejart's Ballet.
- Paul Cissou: French astrologer, author of "La nymphe astrologique.
- Jason Bernard: Actor (judge-Liar Liar), dies of heart attack at 58
- Pervis Jackson: American singer (The Spinners) (d. 2008)
- Jakob Ehrlich: Austrian politician and zionist (Born 1877).
- Congress approves Vinson Naval Act, which funds a two-ocean navy
- Radio quiz show Information Please! debuts on NBC Blue Network.
- US Congress approves Vinson Naval Act, which funds a two-ocean navy.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?