Thursday 11 November 1943
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Falcon and the Co-eds, directed by William Clemens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1943.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1943!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1943 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- Jorien van den Herik: Dutch businessman.
- Doug Frost: Australian swimming coach.
- Jan Adamski: in Poland; International Chess Master (1976).
- Chas Hodges: Rocker.
- Karin Kent [Janneke Kanteman]: Dutch singer.
- Spud Chandler wins AL MVP; Stan Musial wins NL MVP
- US air raid on Rabaul
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?