Thursday 15 December 1960
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Are You Lonesome To-Night? by Elvis Presley.
In UK It's Now Or Never by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Flaming Star, directed by Don Siegel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1960.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 December 1960!
Which were the important events of 15 December 1960 ?
- Philippe Dupuy: French cartoonist and comic book writer.
- Doug Phelps in Leachville: Arkansas, USA; singer (Kentucky Headhunters - "Davy Crockett").
- Walter Werzowa: Austrian composer and producer.
- Don Franklin in Chicago: Illinois, USA; actor (Seaquest 2032, Noah Dixon - The Young Riders).
- Richard Paul Pavlick is arrested for attempting to blow up and assassinate the U.S. President-Elect, John F. Kennedy only four days earlier.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - Are You Lonesome To-Night?
- Floyd Cramer - Last Date
- Kathy Young - A Thousand Stars
- Bert Kaempfert and His Orchestra - Wonderland By Night
- Johnny Horton - North To Alaska
- Sailor (Your Home Is The Sea) - Lolita
- Jerry Butler - He Will Break Your Heart
- Connie Francis - Many Tears Ago
- Johnny Tillotson - Poetry In Motion
- Ferrante and Teicher - Exodus
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?