Wednesday 21 December 1960
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Are You Lonesome To-Night? by Elvis Presley.
In UK It's Now Or Never by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Where the Boys Are, directed by Henry Levin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 1960!
Which were the important events of 21 December 1960 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
- Michael Swain: Elizabeth, New Jersey -- Judoka (1988 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Roger McDowell: American baseball player and coach.
- Sherry Rehman: Pakistani journalist politician and diplomat 25th Pakistan Ambassador to the United States.
- Tim Rucks: American football player and coach (d. 2015).
- Andy Van Slyke: American baseball player and coach.
- Roger McDowell in Cincinnati: Ohio, USA; pitcher (New York Mets, Baltimore Orioles).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bert Kaempfert and His Orchestra - Wonderland By Night
- Ferrante and Teicher - Exodus
- Elvis Presley - Are You Lonesome To-Night?
- Floyd Cramer - Last Date
- Kathy Young - A Thousand Stars
- Johnny Horton - North To Alaska
- Sailor (Your Home Is The Sea) - Lolita
- Connie Francis - Many Tears Ago
- Jerry Butler - He Will Break Your Heart
- Johnny Burnette - You're Sixteen
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 21 December 1960 and get them!