Wednesday 12 October 1955
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pat Dinizio and Einar Jan Aas.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to The Yellow Rose Of Texas by Mitch Miller Orchestra & Chorus.
In UK The Man From Laramie by Jimmy Young was in the top 5 hits.
Oklahoma!, directed by Fred Zinnemann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit by Sloan Wilson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Grand Ole Opry.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 October 1955!
Which were the important events of 12 October 1955 ?
- El Dia de la Raza - Latin America.
- French Republican Calendar - Chanvre (Hemp) Day, twenty-first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Columbus Day (traditionally) - United States.
- Spain - Hispanic Day, National Day
- Malawi - Mother's Day
- Equatorial Guinea - Independence Day (from Spain, 1968)
- Also see October 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Our Lady of the Pillar (Zaragoza, Spain); Saint Wilfrid
- St. Fiace
- Roman festivals - Fortuna Redux, last day of the Ludi Augustales
- St. Domnina
- St. Seraphinus
- St. Amicus
- St. Edistius
- Bl. Camillus Constanzi
- St. Edwin
- St. Wilfrid
- St. Felix and Cyprian
- St. Heribert
- St. Maximilian of Lorch
- Pat Dinizio: Rock vocalist (Smithereens).
- Einar Jan Aas: Norwegian footballer.
- Brigitte Lahaie: French radio talk show host, mainstream film actress and former pornographic actress of X-rated films.
- Susan Rancourt: American homicide victim of Ted Bundy, murdered on 4/17/1974, Ellenburg, WA, "shortly after 10:00 PM.
- Ashley Adams: .
- Einar Aas: Norwegian footballer
- Ante Gotovina: Croatian general
- Aggie MacKenzie: Scottish television presenter
- Joe Raiola: American comedian journalist and producer
- Jane Siberry: Canadian singer-songwriter and producer
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1955 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?