Monday 3 October 1955
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Angela Molina and John Lesmeister.
In UK The Man From Laramie by Jimmy Young was in the top 5 hits.
The Desperate Hours, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit by Sloan Wilson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Crusader.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 October 1955!
Which were the important events of 3 October 1955 ?
- Angela Molina: Madrid, Spain -- Actress (Streets of Gold, Half of Heaven).
- John Lesmeister: American educator and politician 30th North Dakota State Treasurer (d. 2006).
- Allen Woody: American bass player and songwriter (The Allman Brothers Band and Gov't Mule) (d. 2000).
- Buket Uzuner: Turkish author.
- Captain Kangaroo premieres on CBS-TV, Good Morning, Captain!
- Mickey Mouse Club premieres
- Juscelino Kubitschek de Oliveira becomes President of Brazil
- Soviet battleship Novorossiisk strikes WWII mine in Baltic Sea
- WDBJ TV channel 7 in Roanoke, VA (CBS) begins broadcasting
- WTVS TV channel 56 in Detroit, MI (PBS) begins broadcasting
- The ABC TV network launches Disney's second TV show The Mickey Mouse Club. It is a daily one-hour series, showing cartoons and introducing the talents of the "Mouseketeers".
- The Reverend Sun Myung Moon is released from prison in Seoul, South Korea.
- The Brooklyn Dodgers finally win the World Series, defeating the New York Yankees 2–0 in Game 7 of the 1955 baseball playoff.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 3 October 1955
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1955 ?
Top #8 songs in the USA
- Rusty Draper - The Shifting, Whispering Sands
- The Platters - Only You (And You Alone)
- Gogi Grant - Suddenly There's A Valley
- Mitch Miller Orchestra & Chorus - The Yellow Rose Of Texas
- Pat Boone - Ain't That A Shame
- Fontane Sisters - Seventeen
- Roger Williams - Autumn Leaves
- Don Cornell - The Bible Tells Me So
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?