Monday 3 October 1955
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK The Man From Laramie by Jimmy Young was in the top 5 hits.
The Desperate Hours, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit by Sloan Wilson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 October 1955!
Which were the important events of 3 October 1955 ?
- John Lesmeister: American educator and politician 30th North Dakota State Treasurer (d. 2006).
- Allen Woody: American bass player and songwriter (The Allman Brothers Band and Gov't Mule) (d. 2000).
- Buket Uzuner: Turkish author.
- Angela Molina: Madrid, Spain -- Actress (Streets of Gold, Half of Heaven).
- Captain Kangaroo premieres on CBS-TV, Good Morning, Captain!
- Mickey Mouse Club premieres
- Juscelino Kubitschek de Oliveira becomes President of Brazil
- Soviet battleship Novorossiisk strikes WWII mine in Baltic Sea
- WDBJ TV channel 7 in Roanoke, VA (CBS) begins broadcasting
- WTVS TV channel 56 in Detroit, MI (PBS) begins broadcasting
- The ABC TV network launches Disney's second TV show The Mickey Mouse Club. It is a daily one-hour series, showing cartoons and introducing the talents of the "Mouseketeers".
- The Reverend Sun Myung Moon is released from prison in Seoul, South Korea.
- The Brooklyn Dodgers finally win the World Series, defeating the New York Yankees 2–0 in Game 7 of the 1955 baseball playoff.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1955 ?
Top #8 songs in the USA
- Rusty Draper - The Shifting, Whispering Sands
- The Platters - Only You (And You Alone)
- Gogi Grant - Suddenly There's A Valley
- Mitch Miller Orchestra & Chorus - The Yellow Rose Of Texas
- Roger Williams - Autumn Leaves
- Pat Boone - Ain't That A Shame
- Fontane Sisters - Seventeen
- Don Cornell - The Bible Tells Me So
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 3 October 1955 and get them!