Thursday 13 October 1955
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to The Yellow Rose Of Texas by Mitch Miller Orchestra & Chorus.
In UK The Man From Laramie by Jimmy Young was in the top 5 hits.
Oklahoma!, directed by Fred Zinnemann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit by Sloan Wilson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1955!
Which were the important events of 13 October 1955 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- John Ferenzik: American keyboard player guitarist and composer.
- Manuel Avila Camacho: Mexican politician (Born 1897).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1955 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 13 October 1955 and get them!