Sunday 29 September 1968
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mika Hakkinen and Matt Goss.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Hey Jude by The Beatles.
The Charge of the Light Brigade, directed by Tony Richardson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pohádky z mechu a kapradí.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1968!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1968 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Mika Hakkinen: Racing driver.
- Matt Goss: British musician, immensely popular to screaming fans in 1987.
- Luke Goss: British musician, immensely popular to screaming fans in 1987.
- Patrick Burns: American paranormal investigator.
- Alex Skolnick: American guitarist (Alex Skolnick Trio Testament Savatage and Stratospheerius).
- Samir Soni: English-Indian model and actor
- Betsy Rawls wins LPGA Mickey Wright Golf Invitational
- Carl Yastrzemski .3005 average wins his 2nd straight batting crown
- Chuck Latourette, sets NFL record 47.7 yard punt return average (three punts).
- A referendum in Greece gives more power to the military junta.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 September 1968
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Hey Jude
- Jeannie C. Riley - Harper Valley P.T.A.
- The Rascals - People Got To Be Free
- Deep Purple - Hush
- The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown - Fire
- Sergio Mendes and Brasil '66 - The Fool On The Hill
- The 1910 Fruitgum Company - 1,2,3 Red Light
- The Bee Gees - I've Gotta Get A Message To You
- The O'Kaysions - Girl Watcher
- Clarence Carter - Slip Away
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?