Wednesday 18 September 1968
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Harper Valley P.T.A. by Jeannie C. Riley.
In UK Hey Jude by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Charly, directed by Ralph Nelson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 1968!
Which were the important events of 18 September 1968 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- Upendra : Indian actor singer director and screenwriter.
- Toni Kukoč: Croatian basketball player.
- Toni Kukoc: Croatian-American basketball player: forward/guard, Bulls.
- Ray Washburn (Saint Louis Cardinals) no-hits San Francisco Giants 2-0.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Hey Jude
- The Rascals - People Got To Be Free
- Jeannie C. Riley - Harper Valley P.T.A.
- Steppenwolf - Born To Be Wild
- Jose Feliciano - Light My Fire
- Deep Purple - Hush
- The 1910 Fruitgum Company - 1,2,3 Red Light
- Aretha Franklin - The House That Jack Built
- Sergio Mendes and Brasil '66 - The Fool On The Hill
- The Bee Gees - I've Gotta Get A Message To You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 18 September 1968 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?