Sunday 13 December 1953
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tom Sanders in Jackson and Zoltan Magyar.
In UK Answer Me by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Hondo, directed by John Farrow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Life with Father.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1953!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1953 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Tom Sanders in Jackson: Wyoming, USA; aerial cameraman (Living Daylights).
- Zoltan Magyar: Hungary -- Side horse gymnist (1976, 80 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Ray Stewart in Matsqui: British Columbia, Canada; Canadian Tour golfer (1994 Dunhill Cup).
- Ben Bernanke: American economist who was nominated as Federal Reserve Chairman on October 24, 2005 by President George W. Bush.
- Jim Davidson: English comedian, a cheeky cockney.
- Bill Castro: Dominican baseball player and coach
- Bob Gainey: Canadian ice hockey player and General Manager
- Thomas Kurzhals: German keyboard player and songwriter (Karat and Stern-Combo Meißen) (d. 2014)
- KOAM TV channel 7 in Pittsburg-Joplin, KS (CBS) begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?