Saturday 13 December 1941
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Anouska Hempel and John Davidson in Pittsburgh.
Johnny Eager, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1941.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1941!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1941 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Anouska Hempel: Forbes, New Zealand -- Actress (Tiffany Jones).
- John Davidson in Pittsburgh: Pennsylvania, USA; TV host (Hollywood Squares, That's Incredible).
- John Davidson: American actor on stage and film; most noted as a TV host.
- Michael Deland: American Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) administrator in Massachusetts until 1989 before becoming a Bush appointee as New England regional administrator for the Federal EPA.
- Catherine Tasca: French politician, a member of the Senate of France, representing the Yvelines department.
- U-81 torpedoes British aircraft carrier Ark Royal
- Lawine battlers destroy Haaraz, Peru; about 3,000 die.
- German occupiers forbid National Front and Netherlands Union.
- Bulgaria declares war on Great Britain and the United States.
- World War II: Hungary and Romania declare war on the United States.
- Sweden's low temperature record of -53°C is set in a village within the Vilhelmina Municipality.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?