Sunday 7 December 1941
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Melba Beals .
Johnny Eager, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 December 1941!
Which were the important events of 7 December 1941 ?
- United States - Pearl Harbor Day (observance)
- International Civil Aviation Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ambrose: Memorial
- Melba Beals: American journalist and activist.
- 1st Japanese submarine sunk by a US ship (USS Ward)
- Australian bombers land on Timor / Ambon
- Japanese attack Pearl Harbor (a date that will live in infamy)
- German siege of Tobruk ends after 8 months.
- Japan attacks Philippines, Wake, Guam, Malaya, Thailand, Shanghai, and declares war on US and Great Britain.
- Nacht and Nebel Erlass, resistance fighters, sent to concentration camps.
- World War II: Attack on Pearl Harbor : The Imperial Japanese Navy attacks the United States Pacific Fleet and its defending Army Air Forces and Marine air forces at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, causing a declaration of war upon Japan by the United States.
- First Japanese submarine sunk by a US ship (USS Ward).
- (0810 hours) In Pearl Harbor, the USS Arizona is stuck by a 1760-pound aerial armor-piercing bomb, which detonates over one million pounds of gunpowder in the ship's forward deck, killing 1177 crewmen.
- December 8, Japan standard time) ampndash WWII:
- Tobruk's garrison is relieved.
- President of the United States Franklin D. Roosevelt's ampquotInfamyampquot Address to a Joint Session of Congress at 12:30 p.m. EST (17.30 GMT) and transmitted live over all four major national networks attracts the largest audience ever for an American radio broadcast, over 81% of homes.
- Holocaust: the Nazi German extermination camp Chelmno opens in occupied Poland near a small village called Chełmno nad Nerem. Between December 1941-April 1943 and June 1944-January 1945 at least 153,000 people are killed in the camp.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?