Sunday 7 December 1941
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Melba Beals .
Johnny Eager, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1941.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 December 1941!
Which were the important events of 7 December 1941 ?
- United States - Pearl Harbor Day (observance)
- International Civil Aviation Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ambrose: Memorial
- Melba Beals: American journalist and activist.
- 1st Japanese submarine sunk by a US ship (USS Ward)
- Australian bombers land on Timor / Ambon
- Japanese attack Pearl Harbor (a date that will live in infamy)
- German siege of Tobruk ends after 8 months.
- Japan attacks Philippines, Wake, Guam, Malaya, Thailand, Shanghai, and declares war on US and Great Britain.
- Nacht and Nebel Erlass, resistance fighters, sent to concentration camps.
- World War II: Attack on Pearl Harbor : The Imperial Japanese Navy attacks the United States Pacific Fleet and its defending Army Air Forces and Marine air forces at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, causing a declaration of war upon Japan by the United States.
- First Japanese submarine sunk by a US ship (USS Ward).
- (0810 hours) In Pearl Harbor, the USS Arizona is stuck by a 1760-pound aerial armor-piercing bomb, which detonates over one million pounds of gunpowder in the ship's forward deck, killing 1177 crewmen.
- December 8, Japan standard time) ampndash WWII:
- Tobruk's garrison is relieved.
- President of the United States Franklin D. Roosevelt's ampquotInfamyampquot Address to a Joint Session of Congress at 12:30 p.m. EST (17.30 GMT) and transmitted live over all four major national networks attracts the largest audience ever for an American radio broadcast, over 81% of homes.
- Holocaust: the Nazi German extermination camp Chelmno opens in occupied Poland near a small village called Chełmno nad Nerem. Between December 1941-April 1943 and June 1944-January 1945 at least 153,000 people are killed in the camp.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?