Saturday 20 December 1941
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Shanghai Gesture, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1941.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 December 1941!
Which were the important events of 20 December 1941 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Dominic of Silos
- Also see December 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The first All Faiths Day was celebrated in 2003 in Canandaigua, New York.
- Tommy Cole: American makeup artist, actor and singer.
- Frank Creton: Suriname -- Neth painter.
- Gerald Sousa: American convict, sentenced to life in prison as an accessory to a death resulting from a holdup, though he did not pull the trigger.
- Igor Severyanin: Russian poet (Born 1887).
- Japanese troops lands on Mindanao.
- World War II: First battle of the American Volunteer Group, better known as the ''Flying Tigers'' in Kunming, China.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1941 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- (There'll be Bluebirds Over) The White Cliffs of Dover - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
- This Is No Laughing Matter - Charlie Spivak & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?