Monday 13 January 1930
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Frances Sternhagen in Washington DC and Roman Ciesiewicz.
The Farmer's Wife, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
while Cimarron by Edna Ferber was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1930!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1930 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- Frances Sternhagen in Washington DC: USA; actress (Outland, Starting Over).
- Roman Ciesiewicz: Artist / graphic designer.
- Liz Anderson: American singer.
- Hilaire Gaviano: Italy sport Champion.
- Frances Sternhagen: American actress.
- C-E Auguste Rateau: French inventor (R-steam turbine), dies at age 66.
- Mickey Mouse comic strip makes its first appearance.
- The first Mickey Mouse comic strip is published, in the New York Mirror newspaper in the USA. The strip is initially written by Walt Disney, and drawn by Ub Iwerks.
- The Mickey Mouse comic strip makes its first appearance.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 January 1930
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?