Sunday 26 January 1930
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Men Without Women, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1930.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1930!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1930 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- A N: Solomons; chairman (Singer and Friedlander).
- Napoleon Abueva: Filipino sculptor.
- Jean-Clauda Corbel: Pont-L'Abb? physician.
- Anne Macfarlane: Master (Court of Protection).
- Harry "Buddy" Melges Jr: Wisconsin, United States -- Yachter (1964, 72 Olympics - Gold / Bronze Medals).
- Cleveland's Terminal Tower opens (52 stories).
- The Indian National Congress declares 26 January as Independence Day or as the day for Poorna Swaraj (Complete Independence) which occurred 20 years later.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?