Friday 13 July 2012
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen.
The Dark Knight Rises, directed by Christopher Nolan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Fifty Shades of Grey by E L James was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 July 2012!
Which were the important events of 13 July 2012 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday, 3rd day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of K�lim�t (Words) - First day of the seventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Bon Festival - Buddhist festival to honor the dead (East Japan)
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 2nd day (not a holiday)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 July
- Delta Air Lines flight 126 en route to Madrid turns around and lands back at JFK following a security problem with some cut wires being discovered in the plane's bathroom. (NBC)
- Bedouin men kidnap two tourists from the United States and their guide in Egypt's Sinai region and demand the release of a jailed tribesman for their return. (CBS)
- Cambodian troops aim machine gun fire at a Thai passenger jet, saying they believed it to be a spy plane, but do not hit the plane. (RNW)
- A suicide bomber kills 5 at a mosque in Maiduguri, Nigeria. (Reuters)
- A female Afghan politician, Hanifa Safi, dies in a bomb attack in eastern Afghanistan. (BBC)
- Carol Ann Duffy, the Poet Laureate of the United Kingdom, is announced as the winner of the 2012 PEN/Pinter Prize. (BBC)
- Jennifer Lopez reveals she is leaving the hit American talent show ''American Idol''. (''Billboard'')
- Academy Award winning producer Richard D. Zanuck dies in Los Angeles of a heart attack. (Variety)
- Moody's Investor Services downgrades Italy's government rating from A3 to Baa2. (Dow Jones via ''The Australian'')
- The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is set to release documents outlining what it knew about the Libor scandal and what action it took. (''The Washington Post'')
- The economic growth rate for the People's Republic of China falls to 7.6 per cent, its lowest level in three years. (Xinhua)
- The Federal Aviation Administration fines Boeing $13.5 million for failing to provide fuel tank flammability instructions by designated deadline. (Komo News)
- Between 19 and 30 people are killed after a train crashes into a truck carrying farm labourers near the South African town of Malelane. (BBC)
- Three Americans die in a Mystere-Falcon 20 after it crashes on the runway at Le Castellet Airport, between Toulon and Marseille. (CNN)
- More than 1,000 counties in the United States are declared natural disaster areas after a drought spreads throughout the country. (CNN)
- Parts of Wales are hit by flash floods following torrential rain. (BBC)
- 52 people are injured following a collision between a car and a coach on the A11 in the English county of Suffolk. (BBC)
- Canada announces it will establish an embassy in Myanmar after the country's widespread democratic reform, says Foreign Affairs Minister John Baird. (CBC)
- Former British Prime Minister Gordon Brown is appointed United Nations special envoy for education. (''The Independent'')
- Tetra Pak heir Hans Kristian Rausing is arrested on suspicion of involvement in the death of his wife, Eva Rausing. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2012 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 2012?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?