Wednesday 13 May 1964
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to My Guy by Mary Wells.
In UK Don't Throw Your Love Away by The Searchers was in the top 5 hits.
Viva Las Vegas, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 May 1964!
Which were the important events of 13 May 1964 ?
- Saint Maria Dominica Mazzarello (died 1881)
- Saint John the Silent
- Saint Gerald of Villamagna
- Saint Robert Bellarmine
- Saint Servatus
- Our Lady of Fatima
- Rotuma Day in Fiji.
- World Fair Trade Day (2006).
- Abbotsbury Garland Day, Dorset, England.
- Commemoration of Julian of Norwich (Anglican).
- Saint Rolanda
- Stephen Colbert: American political satirist, writer, comedian, television host, and actor, son of Doctor James William Colbert (15 December 1920- 1974).
- Sam Randolph in Santa Barbara: California, USA; Nike golfer (1993 New England-second).
- Ronnie Coleman: American bodybuilder.
- Chris Maitland: English drummer (Porcupine Tree and Nosound).
- Tom Verica: American actor and director.
- Sara Gomer: England, United Kingdom -- Tennis star
- Lorraine McIntosh: Scottish musician and one of the lead vocalists for the group, Deacon Blue, that was originally formed by Ricky Ross in 1985. A recording contract was signed, the band was joined by vocalist Lorraine McIntosh and they released a successful album, "Raintown," in May 1987. UK tours followed and a second successful album was released in mid-April 1989, "When the World Knows Your Name," which went right to the top. In August 1989 the band played in the U.S. for a six-city promotion and was back to t
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mary Wells - My Guy
- Louis Armstrong - Hello, Dolly!
- The Beatles - Love Me Do
- The Dave Clark Five - Bits And Pieces
- The Beatles - Do You Want To Know A Secret
- The 4 Seasons - Ronnie
- The Serendipity Singers - Don't Let The Rain Come Down (Crooked Little Man)
- Jan & Dean - Dead Man's Curve
- Danny Williams - White On White
- Roy Orbison - It's Over
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?