Sunday 13 November 1955
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Autumn Leaves by Roger Williams.
In UK Hernando's Hideaway by Johnston Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
Samurai I: Musashi Miyamoto, directed by Hiroshi Inagaki, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit by Sloan Wilson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 November 1955!
Which were the important events of 13 November 1955 ?
- Roman festivals - Iovis epulum; feast of Feronia
- R.C. Saints - Bricius of Tours; Mother Cabrini; Saint Homobonus
- Also see November 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Whoopi Goldberg: American actress and comedienne who went from welfare to movie star in a few short years.
- 1st live telecast from non-contiguous foreign country-Havana Cuba
- Argentine General Pedro Aramburu succeeds E Lonardi as President
- First live US telecast from non-contiguous foreign country-Havana, Cuba.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1955 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?