Monday 13 October 1958
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Barb Bunkowsky-Scherbak and Dwayne Evans.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to It's All In The Game by Tommy Edwards.
In UK Stupid Cupid / Carolina Moon by Connie Francis was in the top 5 hits.
The Seventh Seal, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Around The World With Auntie Mame by Patrick Dennis was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Uncle Al Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1958!
Which were the important events of 13 October 1958 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- Barb Bunkowsky-Scherbak: Toronto, Ontario -- LPGA golfer (1984 Chrysler).
- Dwayne Evans: Phoenix, Arizona -- 200m runner (1976 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Joseph Richard Sylvers: Rocker.
- Jair-Rohm Parker Wells: American musician and composer.
- Maria Cantwell: American politician, junior senator of Washington.
- Derri Daugherty: American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (The Choir and Lost Dogs)
- Masako Mori: Japanese singer and actress
- Jair-Rôhm Wells: American bassist and composer (Machine Gun)
- Alexander Moiseyevich Veprik: Composer, dies at 59.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 October 1958
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tommy Edwards - It's All In The Game
- Bobby Day - Rock-In Robin
- The Everly Brothers - Bird Dog
- Little Anthony and the Imperials - Tears On My Pillow
- Robin Luke - Susie Darlin'
- Domenico Modugno - Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare)
- Earl Grant - The End
- The Elegants - Little Star
- Tommy Dorsey Orchestra - Tea For Two Cha Cha
- Roger Williams - Near You
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?