Sunday 19 October 1958
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to It's All In The Game by Tommy Edwards.
In UK Stupid Cupid / Carolina Moon by Connie Francis was in the top 5 hits.
The Seventh Seal, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Around The World With Auntie Mame by Patrick Dennis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 1958!
Which were the important events of 19 October 1958 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Lou Briel: Puerto Rican singer-songwriter pianist producer and actor.
- Carolyn Browne: English diplomat British Ambassador to Kazakhstan.
- Hiromi Hara: Japanese footballer and manager.
- Tiriel Mora: Australian actor.
- Michael Steele: American journalist and politician 7th Lieutenant Governor of Maryland.
- Dario Franceschini: Italian writer and politician, elected leader of the Democratic Party in early 2009. In 1985 he published his first book, a work of non-fiction; that same year he embarked on his law career. In 2006 he published his first novel followed by another the next year.
- Roberto Malandrino: Italian comedian, half of the duo 'Malandrino e Veronica' (with Paolo Maria Veronica). Since 1991 they have lived and worked in Bologna. Their career began in the eighties at the Derby Club in Milan.
- Antoine Trousers: Rock drummer / singer (Dike-Bleeding Heart)
- John Bloom [Joe Bob Briggs]: Drive-in movie critic
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tommy Edwards - It's All In The Game
- Domenico Modugno - Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare)
- The Elegants - Little Star
- The Everly Brothers - Bird Dog
- Bobby Day - Rock-In Robin
- Little Anthony and the Imperials - Tears On My Pillow
- Robin Luke - Susie Darlin'
- Tommy Dorsey Orchestra - Tea For Two Cha Cha
- Earl Grant - The End
- Roger Williams - Near You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 19 October 1958 and get them!