Saturday 4 October 1958
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to It's All In The Game by Tommy Edwards.
In UK When by The Kalin Twins was in the top 5 hits.
The Old Man and the Sea, directed by John Sturges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 October 1958!
Which were the important events of 4 October 1958 ?
- Anneka Rice: Welsh radio and television host.
- Wendy Makkena: American actress and dancer known for her versatility with experience ranging from Shakespeare to comedy, voice-over and film.
- Ned Luke: Voice Actor.
- Barbara MacDonald: Rocker (Timbuk 3).
- Francesco Damiani: Italian champion boxer, winner of a Gold Medal in the Moscow Olympics 1980 and a Silver Medal at the Los Angeles Olympics 1984.
- Ida Wust: German actress, (Born 1884).
- 12th NHL All-Star Game: Montreal beat All-Stars 6-3 at Montreal
- Transatlantic commercial jet passenger service begins (BOAC). Travel time is reduced from six days by passenger liner to six hours.
- 5th French republic established.
- Fifth Republic of France is established.
- BOAC uses the new De Havilland Comet jets, to become the first airline to fly jet passenger services across the Atlantic.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tommy Edwards - It's All In The Game
- Domenico Modugno - Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare)
- The Everly Brothers - Bird Dog
- Bobby Day - Rock-In Robin
- The Elegants - Little Star
- Little Anthony and the Imperials - Tears On My Pillow
- Robin Luke - Susie Darlin'
- Eddie Cochran - Summertime Blues
- Jimmy Clanton - Just A Dream
- Roger Williams - Near You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?