Tuesday 8 April 1930
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Bartholomew Tucker and Julien Van Remoortere [Piet Mortelman].
Ladies of Leisure, directed by Frank R. Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 April 1930!
Which were the important events of 8 April 1930 ?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
- John Bartholomew Tucker: Pennsylvania, United States -- TV host (Candid Camera, Treasure Island).
- Julien Van Remoortere [Piet Mortelman]: Flemish writer (Fist).
- John Reardon in New York City: New York, USA; baritone (Falke-Die Fledermaus).
- Dolores Barrymore: American noted family, the daughter of John Barrymore and Dolores Costello, (who was born on 9/17/1905 in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Wilma De Angelis: Italian singer and presenter, famous for her kitchen talk-show, and her cooking skills.
- Dorothy Tutin: British leading actress of noted Shakespearean roles and some films since 1952. Tutin dropped out of school at 15 to study music and was pushed into acting by her father. She joined Peter Hall's first company at the RSC, moving into her Shakespearean roles and opened in April 1953, in "The Living Room," which proved to be a star-making role.
- Carlos Hugo: Duke of Parma (d. 2010)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?