Tuesday 8 April 1930
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Ladies of Leisure, directed by Frank R. Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 April 1930!
Which were the important events of 8 April 1930 ?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
- John Bartholomew Tucker: Pennsylvania, United States -- TV host (Candid Camera, Treasure Island).
- Julien Van Remoortere [Piet Mortelman]: Flemish writer (Fist).
- Dorothy Tutin: British leading actress of noted Shakespearean roles and some films since 1952.
- John Reardon in New York City: New York, USA; baritone (Falke-Die Fledermaus).
- Carlos Hugo: Duke of Parma (d. 2010).
- Wilma De Angelis: Italian singer and presenter, famous for her kitchen talk-show, and her cooking skills.
- Dolores Barrymore: American noted family, the daughter of John Barrymore and Dolores Costello, (who was born on 9/17/1905 in Pittsburgh, PA.) The couple married in 1928 and had two kids, but Barrymore's drinking was increasingly problematical. They divorced with a bitter financial dispute in 1935. Her mother, Dolores Costello died on 3/01/1979.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?