Wednesday 9 April 1930
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include F Albert Cotton and Folco Quilici.
Ladies of Leisure, directed by Frank R. Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 April 1930!
Which were the important events of 9 April 1930 ?
- Saint Waltrudis
- Saint Casilda
- Saint Ingofried
- Saint Hugo of Rouan
- Day of National Unity- (???????? ?????????? ???), an annual public holiday in Georgia.
- Araw ng Kagitingan (Day of Valor, celebrated as Bataan Day in Bataan) in the Philippines.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jal�l (Glory) - First day of the second month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- F Albert Cotton: American chemist (d. 2007).
- Folco Quilici: Italian documentary filmmaker, a director best known for "The Lost Continent," 1954 and "The Last Paradise," 1955, both award-winners.
- Renato Ruggiero: Italian politician, a foreign minister who resigned on 1/12/2001 after several months of conflict over his latest disagreement with the center-right government of P.M.
- Nathaniel Branden: Canadian-American psychotherapist and author (d. 2014).
- F Cotton: American chemist and academic (d. 2007).
- Wallace McCain: Canadian businessman founded McCain Foods (d. 2011)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 April 1930
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?