Tuesday 15 February 2011
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Black And Yellow by Wiz Khalifa.
Just Go with It, directed by Dennis Dugan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Tick Tock by James Patterson, Michael Ledwidge was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2011.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 February 2011!
Which were the important events of 15 February 2011 ?
- John Frum Day in Vanuatu 
- Gummy Bear Day in United States
- National Day in Serbia
- Candlemas in Russia and other Eastern Orthodox countries
- Saint Siegfried of Sweden
- Saints Faustin and Jovita
- Saint Georgia
- Blessed Claude de la ColombiFre
- Flag Day in Canada
- Shared Belief: American race horse (d. 2015).
- The US Mint launches the 2011 Sacagawea, Native American dollar in Plymouth, Massachusetts.
- 2011 Yemeni protests:
- Clashes take place for a fifth day in the Yemeni capital Sana'a, amid demonstrations calling for political reform. (Al Jazeera)
- 2011 Bahraini protests:
- Thousands of people demonstrate in Bahrain after a protester was shot dead at a funeral for another protester. (Reuters)
- The King of Bahrain Hamad ibn Isa Al Khalifa orders an inquiry into the deaths of the two protestors. (BBC)
- 2011 Iranian protests:
- Iranian politicians call for the execution of opposition leaders. (''Times Live South Africa'')
- The Government of the Philippines and Communist Party of the Philippines hold their first peace talks in six years in Oslo, Norway. (AFP via ''Channel News Asia'')
- The Prime Minister of Japan Naoto Kan vows to find the remains of the 12,000 Japanese soldiers still missing after the Battle of Iwo Jima of World War II. (''The Washington Post'')
- Writer Raymond Chandler's wife's ashes are buried over his casket during a ceremony in San Diego in the U.S. state of California. (BBC)
- The People's Republic of China orders makers of films and television programs to limit the amount of smoking shown on-screen. (AP via Phil Star)
- Mötley Crüe singer Vince Neil begins a 15-day jail sentence for drunk driving in Las Vegas.amp!--The reference indicates he was near the Las Vegas Hilton, near the Strip. Depending on definitions, either all or almost all of the Strip is outside the city of Las Vegas, and the Hilton is clearly outside the city.--amp (AP via ''Herald-Sun'')
- The Government of Malaysia cancels a concert by expatriate Iranian singer Mohsen Namjoo ampquotbecause it is not appropriate in terms of religion, culture and the country's cosmopolitan natureampquot. (''Malaysian Star'')
- Apple launches a subscription service for magazines, newspapers, videos, and music bought through its App Store. (CNet)
- United Airlines temporarily grounds its fleet of 96 Boeing 757 jetliners so it can perform checks to earlier modifications to air-data computers. (''The Wall Street Journal'')
- The Delaware Chancery Court upholds the use of a poison pill by Airgas, effectively ending a takeover bid launched a year ago by Air Products. (Reuters)
- Argentina lodges an official complaint against the United States after America's landing of a military plane loaded with undeclared ampquotsensitive materialampquot, including guns, drugs and satellite phones, leading the Argentinian government to express concerns that the U.S. was attempting to sneak its cargo into the country. (''The Guardian'')
- The United States Secretary of State Hillary Clinton outlines a new policy on Internet freedom. (''The New York Times'')
- The UNASUR Constitutive Treaty of the Union of South American Nations will come into force on March 11th, following the deposit of its ninth instrument of ratification, by the Uruguayan government. (Brazilian Foreign Ministry)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Wiz Khalifa - Black And Yellow
- Bruno Mars - Grenade
- Katy Perry - Firework
- F**kin' Perfect - P!nk
- Dr. Dre - I Need A Doctor
- Enrique Iglesias - Tonight (I'm Lovin' You)
- Far*East Movement - Rocketeer
- Rihanna - What's My Name?
- Pitbull - Hey Baby (Drop It To The Floor)
- Britney Spears - Hold It Against Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?