Sunday 27 February 2011
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Born This Way by Lady GaGa.
L'argent, directed by Marcel L'Herbier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Tick Tock by James Patterson, Michael Ledwidge was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 February 2011!
Which were the important events of 27 February 2011 ?
- International Polar Bear Day.
- Saint Antigone
- Saint Leander
- First day of Maslenitsa in Russia (2006)
- Saint Honorine
- Dominican Republic - National Day.
- Bah�'f Faith - Day 2 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honour of the pagan war god Mars were held.
- Saint Gabriel of the Mother of Sorrows
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 27 February
- Six people are killed in a failed coup attempt on the presidential palace in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. (Reuters)
- State television is taken off air in the city of Abidjan, Ivory Coast, during clashes between forces loyal to incumbent President Laurent Gbagbo and rival groups. (CP)
- At least 115 people are killed in a government offensive against Al-Qaeda linked militants in Somalia. (''Straits Times'')
- Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport in the US city of Birmingham, Alabama is evacuated following the discovery of a suspicious package. (Fox News Alabama)
- Academy Awards
- The 83rd Academy Awards are held to honor the best films in 2010 at the Kodak Theater in Hollywood, California. (AP via Fox News)
- ''The King's Speech'' wins the Academy Award for Best Picture. (''Los Angeles Times'')
- Christian Bale wins the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his role in ''The Fighter''. (ABC News America)
- The Government of Egypt announces that the Egyptian stock market will reopen on Tuesday. (''New York Times'')
- A landslide hits La Paz, Bolivia, after rains killed 44 people. (''Nazarene Communications Network'')
- North Korea warns it will take military action against South Korea if it continues to distribute information regarding the unrest in the Middle East to its citizens. (Bloomberg)
- The Secretary-General of the United Nations Ban Ki-moon claims that Belarus has broken an international arms embargo on the Ivory Coast by delivering three attack helicopters to military forces supporting the President of the Ivory Coast Laurent Gbagbo. (Canadian Press via Google News)
- Bahrain: Thousands of anti-government protesters demonstrate in the capital Manama, as 18 opposition MPs submit their resignations. (AFP via Google News)
- Lebanon: Hundreds of protesters demonstrate in the capital Beirut against the country's sectarian political system. (Reuters)
- The United Nations Security Council adopts Resolution 1970, imposing sanctions on Muammar Gaddafi's regime. (''Washington Post'')
- Anti-government forces seize the town of Zawiya, 30 miles west of the capital Tripoli. (CBC)
- Oman: Police clash with anti-government protesters in Sohar, leaving two people dead. (BBC)
- Sudan: Riot police break up a demonstration against election fraud in the capital Khartoum. (Reuters)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2011 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?