Sunday 20 February 2011
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Black And Yellow by Wiz Khalifa.
L'argent, directed by Marcel L'Herbier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Tick Tock by James Patterson, Michael Ledwidge was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 February 2011!
Which were the important events of 20 February 2011 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 20 February
- Arab Spring:
- 2011 Libyan civil war:
- More than 200 people are killed and 900 other are injured as military troops attack protestors in Libya. (Al Jazeera)
- Members of a Libyan Army unit defect and claim to have ampquotliberatedampquot Benghazi. (Sky News)
- Shaikh Faraj al Zuway, the head of the Zuwayya tribe in eastern Libya threatens to cut off oil exports unless the Government of Libya stops the ampquotsuppression of protestorsampquot. (Reuters)
- Al Jazeera reports that the protests have spread to the capital Tripoli. (Al Jazeera)
- 2011 Bahraini protests:
- 2011 Moroccan protests:
- A coalition of Moroccan youth groups called “The February 20 Movement” calls for peaceful protests in cities throughout the country. (Al Arabiya)
- Thousands of Moroccans demonstrate in Rabat demanding that King Mohammed VI give up some of his powers. (Afrol News)
- 2011 Yemeni protests:
- Protests in other parts of the world:
- 2011 Chinese protests:
- Police in China show up in force in several cities after a call for a ampquotJasmine Revolutionampquot, and disperse protesters in Beijing and Shanghai. (BBC)
- 2011 Iranian protests:
- NATO pledges to investigate itself amid reports of its recent killing of dozens of civilians in eastern Afghanistan. (BBC)
- War in Pakistan:
- The Pakistan Army kills up to 15 insurgents in operations in the Mohmand Agency near the Afghan border. (''Dawn'')
- War in Afghanistan:
- Sapper Jamie Larkham of the 1st Combat Engineer Regiment (Australia) and an Afghan interpreter die in overnight fighting. (''The Australian'')
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bruno Mars - Grenade
- Wiz Khalifa - Black And Yellow
- Britney Spears - Hold It Against Me
- F**kin' Perfect - P!nk
- Enrique Iglesias - Tonight (I'm Lovin' You)
- Dr. Dre - I Need A Doctor
- Pitbull - Hey Baby (Drop It To The Floor)
- Far*East Movement - Rocketeer
- Katy Perry - Firework
- Rihanna - What's My Name?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 20 February 2011 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?