Thursday 17 February 2011
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Black And Yellow by Wiz Khalifa.
Just Go with It, directed by Dennis Dugan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Tick Tock by James Patterson, Michael Ledwidge was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2011.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 February 2011!
Which were the important events of 17 February 2011 ?
- Saint Evermodus
- Saint Alexis Falconieri (d. 1310)
- Saint Seven Founders of the Servites
- Random Acts of Kindness Day.
- Ancient Latvia - Tanis Diena observed.
- Saint Silvinus
- Roman Empire - Quirinalia in honor of Quirinus.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 17 February
- 2011 Bahraini protests:
- Bahrain police launch an attack on protesters in the Pearl Roundabout in the capital Manama, using tear gas and batons to disperse the crowd. (BBC)
- ABC News correspondent Miguel Marquez is beaten during the crackdown. (ABC News America)
- At least six protesters die during the crackdown with dozens of injuries. (''Ottawa Citizen'')
- Khalid ibn Ahmad Al Khalifah, the Foreign Minister, defends the crackdown stating that it pulled the country back from the brink of the sectarian abyss. (NPR)
- Clashes continue in the main streets of Manama hours after the crackdown. (Al Jazeera)
- 2011 Libyan civil war:
- 14 anti-government protesters are killed as Libyan protesters seeking to oust president Muammar Gaddafi defied a crackdown and took to the streets in four cities on what they called a ampquotday of rageampquot. (Al-Jazeera)
- Social networking sites mobilize for protests on a ampquotday of angerampquot in Libya. (Al Jazeera)
- 2010–2011 Algerian protests:
- 84 year-old Abdelhamid Mehri, former leader of Algeria's governing party, writes a letter to President Abdelaziz Bouteflika asking that he change his government in response to the unrest across the Arab world. (BBC)
- 2011 Yemeni protests:
- Several people are injured in clashes between pro and anti-government protesters in the Yemeni capital Sana'a. (AFP via Google News)
- Two people are killed and 47 injured in a protest in the northern Iraqi city of Sulaimaniya. (CNBC)
- Israeli troops kill three Palestinian militants near Beit Lahia, in the northern Gaza Strip, who were approaching the border. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- The Egyptian Army dispatches hundreds of troops to the northern Sinai peninsula to protect a gas pipeline to Israel. (''Jerusalem Post'')
- Aretha Franklin announces a return to the stage. (BBC)
- A rare red and white 6ft by 6ft Andy Warhol self-portrait sells for £10.79 million at auction at Christie's in London. (BBC)
- The private equity owners of Australian book sellers Angus Robertson, the New Zealand news agency chain Whitcoulls and the Australasian franchise of Borders goes into voluntary administration. (''The Australian'')
- Honda recalls nearly 700,000 vehicles in the Fit, Freed, and City model range due to a defective spring. (MSNBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Wiz Khalifa - Black And Yellow
- Bruno Mars - Grenade
- Katy Perry - Firework
- F**kin' Perfect - P!nk
- Dr. Dre - I Need A Doctor
- Enrique Iglesias - Tonight (I'm Lovin' You)
- Far*East Movement - Rocketeer
- Rihanna - What's My Name?
- Pitbull - Hey Baby (Drop It To The Floor)
- Britney Spears - Hold It Against Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?