Sunday 30 October 2011
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Someone Like You by Adele.
J. Edgar, directed by Clint Eastwood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2011.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 October 2011!
Which were the important events of 30 October 2011 ?
- St. Macarius
- Also see October 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Zenobius & Zenobia
- St. Theonestus
- St. Talacrian
- St. Serapion
- USA - Mischief Night in some areas (known as Devil's Night in Detroit)
- St. Saturninus
- St. Marcel
- Bl. John Slade
- St. Herbert
- St. Dorothy of Montau
- St. Artemas
- St. Arilda
- St. Alfonso Rodrfguez
- Calendar of Saints - October 30th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Bl. Angelus of Acri
- St. Maximus
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 30 October
- A United States drone attack kills six militants in Pakistan's North Waziristan region. (AP via Google News)
- The interim Prime Minister of Libya Mahmoud Jibril confirms the presence of chemical weapons in Libya under the Gaddafi regime and announces that weapons inspectors would be visiting the country to help get rid of them. (AP via ''Washington Post'')
- Fair Work Australia orders the Australian airline Qantas and its unions to reach an agreement within 21 days meaning that services will resume on Monday. (News Limited)
- The Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting 2011 finishes in the Australian city of Perth. (''The West Australian'')
- Voters in Colombia go to the polls for local gubernatorial and mayoral elections, including the mayors of Bogotá, Medellín, and Cali. (Americas Society)
- Gustavo Petro is elected Mayor of Bogotá. (''Washington Post'')
- Aníbal Gaviria of the Colombian Liberal Party is elected Mayor of Medellín, narrowly defeating former Mayor Luis Pérez. (''Colombia Reports'')
- Green Party candidate Sergio Fajardo is elected Governor of Antioquia Department. (Financial Times)
- Voters in Kyrgyzstan go to the polls for a Presidential election with Almazbek Atambayev winning in a landslide. (''The Hindu'')
- Voters in Bulgaria went to the polls for the second round of a presidential election with Rosen Plevneliev of Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria being elected. (AP via ''Atlanta Journal-Constitution'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?