Thursday 6 October 2011
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5.
Hugo, directed by Martin Scorsese, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Help by Kathryn Stockett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 2011!
Which were the important events of 6 October 2011 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 October
- Swedish poet Tomas Tranströmer is awarded the 2011 Nobel Prize in Literature. (''The Washington Post'')
- Production at the Japanese plants of carmaker Toyota returns to normal following the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami. (Kyodo)
- The Bank of England injects a further £75bn into the British economy through quantitative easing. (BBC)
- Tropical Storm Jova forms off the Pacific coast of Mexico. (NHC)
- South Korea rejects North Korea's demands that two citizens from the north who crossed the border be repatriated. (Yonhap)
- The trial of Ichirō Ozawa, a powerful faction leader in the ruling Democratic Party of Japan, over a political funding scandal begins today in Japan. (AFP via Google News)
- Voters in Canada's most populous province Ontario go to the polls for a general election with the Ontario Liberal Party, led by Dalton McGuinty, winning another term under a slight minority government. (CTV)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 6 October 2011 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?