Tuesday 25 October 2011
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Someone Like You by Adele.
In Time, directed by Andrew Niccol, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Son of Neptune: The Heroes of Olympus, Book Two by Rick Riordan was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 October 2011!
Which were the important events of 25 October 2011 ?
- Day of the Romanian Army
- Virgin Islands - Thanksgiving Day : end of the hurricane season
- Republic of China - Taiwan Retrocession Day (1945)
- Also see October 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Feast day of Saints Crispin and Crispian; Six Welsh martyrs and companions; forty martyrs of England and Wales
- Kazakhstan - Republic Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 25 October
- A Philippine civil defence official estimates that approximately 10,000 people in the southern Philippines have fled their homes due to fighting between Abu Sayyaf rebels and government forces. (AFP via News Limited)
- Aftermath of Libyan civil war:
- The bodies of ousted Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi, his son and advisor Mutassim Gaddafi, and former defence minister Abu-Bakr Yunis Jabr are buried in unmarked graves by the National Transitional Council. (BBC)
- 2011 Yemeni uprising: Fifteen people die in clashes in the Yemeni cities of Sana'a and Taiz. (''Daily Star'')
- Turkish earthquake:
- The death toll of eastern Turkey's recent earthquake reaches 366, as emergency services continue to search the rubble of Van for survivors. (''The Guardian'')
- Turkey accepts an offer of assistance from Israel. (''Jerusalem Post'')
- Floodwaters continue to rise on the outskirts of the Thai capital Bangkok, with floodwaters having reached Don Mueang International Airport, leading to the cancellation of many flights. (Bloomberg via ''Business Week'')
- Following severe flooding in Ireland and parts of the United Kingdom, two apparent flood deaths are reported in the Irish capital Dublin. (BBC)
- One person is killed and fourteen people injured in an explosion in the Swiss city of Yverdon-les-Bains. (AP)
- Hurricane Rina strengthens to Category 2 strength as it advances towards Cancun and other resorts on the Mexican Riviera. (CBS News)
- The death toll from the 2011 United States listeriosis outbreak rises to 28, with 133 people in 26 states reportedly suffering from the disease. (AP via ''Washington Post'')
- The United States Government commences legal action against Teodoro Nguema Obiang Mangue, the Minister of Agriculture and Forestry in Equatorial Guinea and the son of the President of Equatorial Guinea Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo, to seize US$70.8 million in assets allegedly gained from graft and corruption. (''Los Angeles Times'')
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 25 October 2011 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?