Monday 31 October 2011
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Someone Like You by Adele.
Haywire, directed by Steven Soderbergh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2011.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 October 2011!
Which were the important events of 31 October 2011 ?
- October 31st is Nevada Day
- Protestant Church - Reformation Day: Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses on the Wittenberg church on this day in 1517
- Wikipedia - Wikipedia:Tim Starling Day
- Cornwall - Allantide
- October 31st is Halloween; also see Samhain (an approximate date)
- St. Wolfgang
- St Urban
- St. Quentin
- St. Notburga
- St. Bega
- Paganism and Celts - Samhain
- St. Arnulf
- Also see October 31 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - October 31 is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Antoninus
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 31 October
- Three people are killed in attacks on the offices of the International Relief and Development (IRD) in the Afghan city of Kandahar. (AFP via Yahoo News)
- Australian airline Qantas resumes flights after a ruling by Fair Work Australia. (''The Australian'')
- The Government of Japan intervenes to reduce the exchange rate of the Japanese yen with the United States dollar after the yen reached record highs. (Reuters)
- US brokerage firm MF Global files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy after declaring £4bn of Eurozone debt exposure. (BBC)
- UNESCO becomes the first United Nations agency to admit Palestine as a full member, with the United States withdrawing funding in protest. (CBS News)
- A jury in the US state of Arizona convicts Mark Goodeau on all charges related to the Baseline Killer murders. (AP via ''Atlanta Journal Constitution'')
- Kizza Besigye, the leader of Uganda's political opposition, is arrested while leading a ampquotwalk to workampquot protest. (AFP via Google)
- The Rt Rev Graeme Knowles resigns as Dean of London's St Paul's Cathedral as protests by Occupy London demonstrators continue. (BBC)
- Abdurrahim El-Keib is named as the new interim Prime Minister of Libya by the country's National Transitional Council. (BBC)
- The Prime Minister of Greece George Papandreou calls a referendum on the new European Union debt deal. (AP via Google News)
- The United Nations Population Division estimates that the world population has reached seven billion people. (''Los Angeles Times'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?