Tuesday 2 September 1913
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Bianco contro negro, directed by Ubaldo Maria Del Colle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1913!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1913 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Philippe Wolff: French historian, specializing in medieval history.
- Israel Gelfand: Russian-American mathematician and biologist (d. 2009).
- Bill Shankly: Bill Shankly was a Scottish international footballer and also a famous football manager, notably with Liverpool Football Club.
- Amsterdam reroutes sewage of canals to South Seas
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1913 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Your Eyes Have Told Me What I Did Not Know - Enrico Caruso
- Mother Machree - Chauncey Olcott
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1913?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 2 September 1913 and get them!