Monday 22 September 1913
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Leroy Holmes and Silvio Piola.
Hamlet, directed by Hay Plumb, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 September 1913!
Which were the important events of 22 September 1913 ?
- Saint Emmeramus
- Saint Florentius
- In ancient Latvia, the first day of Mikeli, the Catching of Jumis.
- In ancient Greece, the ninth and final day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates made offerings to the dead.
- Saint Jonas
- RC Saints - It has been or still is the feast day of the following saints: Saints Digna & Emerita
- In Europe and in cities throughout the world, Car Free Day.
- Mali - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- Bulgaria - Independence Day 1908
- French Republican Calendar - Raisin (Grape) Day, first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saint Thomas of Villanueva
- Saint Sanctinus
- Saint Salaberga
- Saint Phocas
- Saint Maurice
- Saint Lolanus
- Saint Lioba
- Saint Lauto
- Autumnal equinox in the Northern hemisphere, Vernal equinox in the Southern hemisphere 1996, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2012 (by UT).
- Leroy Holmes: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania -- Orchestra leader (Tonight Show, 1956-57).
- Silvio Piola: Italy sport Champion.
- Lillian Chestney: American painter and illustrator (d. 2000).
- Coal mine explosion kills 263 at Dawson New Mexico.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1913 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Al Jolson - You Made Me Love You, I Didn't Want to Do It
- Turkey-Trot Dance Medley, Part II - Prince's Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?