Wednesday 16 July 1941
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Shepherd of the Hills, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1941.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 July 1941!
Which were the important events of 16 July 1941 ?
- Botswana - President's Day (2nd day)
- Catholic - Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
- Miso Kovac: Croatian singer.
- Jan G H Krajenbrink: Dutch 2nd Chamber member (CDA).
- Desmond Dekker: Jamaican ska and reggae singer-songwriter (d. 2006).
- Mišo Kovač: Croatian singer and actor.
- Dag Solstad: Norwegian novelist, short-story writer and dramatist.
- Hans Wiegel: Dutch journalist and politician Deputy Prime Minister of the Netherlands
- George Young: 6th Baronet English banker and politician Secretary of State for Transport
- Joe DiMaggio hits safely for the 56th consecutive game, a streak that still stands as a MLB record.
- 100 degrees F (38 degrees C) highest temperature ever recorded in Seattle, Washington.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?