Thursday 17 July 1941
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Shepherd of the Hills, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1941.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 July 1941!
Which were the important events of 17 July 1941 ?
- Kyoto, Japan - Gion Matsuri
- Various mathematics departments - Yellow Pig's Day
- South Korea - Constitution Day
- Puerto Rico - Luis Mu�oz Rivera's Birthday
- Feast Day of St Cynllo
- Iraq - Ba'ath Revolution Day
- Daryle Lamonica: Oakland Raiders' quarterback (AFL leading passer 1967).
- Bob Taylor: English cricketer.
- Achim Warmbold: German race car driver and manager.
- Gribouille : French singer, musician, and song writer.
- William Ancion: Belgian politician in the Social Christian Party, assistant to the Mayor of Liege.
- WWII: A BBC broadcast by ampquotColonel Brittonampquot calls on the people of occupied Europe to resist the Nazis under the slogan ampquotV for Victoryampquot.
- The first episode ''The Midnight Snack'' in which Tom and Jerry are officially named, more than a year after their first production ''Puss Gets the Boot''
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?