Friday 16 June 1944
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Days of Glory, directed by Jacques Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1944!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1944 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- Carla Liss: American artist and filmmaker involved with the Fluxus movement of the 1960s and 1970s.
- Henri Richelet: French painter and etcher.
- Annie Famose: French alpine skier, born in Jurançon, she won two medals at the 1968 Olympics and the gold one in slalom at the 1966 World championships.
- Nicholas Di Marzio: American ecclesiastic, a Roman Catholic priest ordained on May 30, 1970 and elevated to Bishop on October 31, 1996.
- Joan Barbara Grigor: Artist.
- Takamiyama [Jesse Kuhaulua]: Hawaii, United States -- 1st non-Japanese sumo champion
- Marc Bloch: French historian who studied historical problems in a comparative framework.
- Iceland adopts constitution
- US bombs Kyushu Japan
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?