Tuesday 13 June 1944
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Days of Glory, directed by Jacques Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 June 1944!
Which were the important events of 13 June 1944 ?
- Saint Ragnobert, martyr [GTZ: Lyon]
- Saint Valericus, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Roman Empire ? Quinquatrus Minusculae held in honor of Minerva
- Roman Empire ? seventh day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- USA ? World Children's Day
- Saint Anthony of Padua), priest, confessor, Doctor of the Church [common; GTZ: Franciscans]
- Saint Agricius, bishop of Sens, confessor [GTZ: Sens]
- Saint Landoald, bishop, confessor [GTZ: Bruges]
- Saint Leo III, pope [PCP (Paris)]
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Constance, Mainz]
- Saint Valerian, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Rambert
- Blessed Odwin
- Blessed Thomas Woodhouse, martyr
- Blessed Damhnade, virgin [ Fermanagh]
- Saint Felicola, virgin, martyr [GTZ: Cologne, Trier, Worms, France]
- Joe Amato: NHRA top fuel drag racing champion (1991).
- Ban Ki-moon: South Korean United Nations Secretary-General.
- Christine Beasley: English nurse.
- David Curry: English journalist and politician Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government.
- Ban Ki-Moon: Politician.
- German counter attack on Villers-Bocage Normandy
- Nazi Germany begins V-1 (Fieseler Fi-103) buzz-bomb attacks
- World War II: Germany launches a V1 Flying Bomb attack on England. Only four of the eleven bombs actually hit their targets.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?